The student will:
1. understand the basic principles of the management of scarce resources
2. understand the meaning of economics
3. appreciate the scope of economic activity
4. recognise the classification and contributions of various economic activities
5. appreciate the use of statistical tools in economic analysis
This syllabus is designed to help students to:
Recognize the main functional areas of business management.
Acquire basic principles and techniques for managing a profitable business enterprise, develop skills for solving business problems and minimizing business risks.
Acquire the capability for developing sound financial basis for business, develop appropriate attitudes and the necessary ethics for modern business and develop the capability for generating ideas for the creation of new business.
Financial Accounting is designed to assist students to:
- appreciate the roles and functions of accounting.
- recognize the role of internal and external financial reports
- acquire skills for using accounting as a tool for planning, organizing, controlling and financial decision making processes.
- develop moral and ethical values essential for accountability in financial matters of both private and public sector organizations.